Who is involved?
The project initially brought together individual practitioners and academics from across the UK with national collecting institutions, museums and galleries and other agencies involved in working with photographers and presenting photographic work.
For the first two phases our partners were the Library of Birmingham, Redeye Photography Network and the Photography and the Archive Research Centre.
Consultees and participants have included:
National collecting institutions
- Library of Birmingham
- English Heritage Archives, Swindon
- National Media Museum, Bradford
- Tate, London
- The Museum of London
- Victoria and Albert Museum, London
Photographic agencies and galleries
- James Hyman Gallery, London
- Open Eye Gallery, Liverpool
- The Photographers’ Gallery, London
- The Tosca Fund
- De Montfort University, Leicester
- London College of Communications, University of the Arts, London
- Plymouth University
- University of Derby
For details of events and consultation, see events